G L O B A L S T A T I S T I C S
- There are more slaves in the w orld today than ther e ever has been in the his tory of mankind
- Approximately 2 7 Million people ar e trapped in modern da y slavery today
- Of those tr apped, approximately 80% ar e female and 50% ar e children
- An es timated 80% of tr afficking is f or sexual exploitation and 19% f or f orced labor
- Human Trafficking is the 2nd lar gest criminal indus try in the w orld today and is also the
fastest growing criminal indus try worldwide
- An es timated 32 Billion is gener ated in annual r evenue from girls and w omen in se x trafficking
- The average victim is f orced t o service 20 men per da y; some up t o 40 men per day
- 16 1 c ountries are currently identified as aff ected by human tr afficking: There are 12 7 c ountries
of origin, 98 c ountries of tr ansit, and 13 7 destination countries
D O M E S T I C S TAT I S T I C S
- An es timated 14,500 t o 17,500 foreign na tionals ar e tr afficked int o the Unit ed States each year
- Even higher is the number of American Citiz ens trafficked, with an es timated 100,000 American
children being tr afficked within the Unit ed States f or sexual exploitation annually
- National human tr afficking hotlines r eceive more calls fr om the s tate of Texas than an y other
state, with 15% of these calls c oming from the Dallas F ort-Worth area
- 20% of all human tr afficking in America c omes through the s tate of Texas a t some point
- It is es timated tha t 5,000 brothels in America ar e disguised as mas sage parlors, and victims of
these parlors ar e forced to have sex with 6 t o 10 men per da y
- The U.S. Department of Jus tice Child Exploita tion and Obsc enity Section r eports 13 is the
average age entry int o pornography and pr ostitution in the Unit ed States
- Between 2001 and 2005, 140 def endants have been c onvicted of human tr afficking in the U .S
- Victims of pimp-c ontrolled tr afficking ar e forced to meet quotas of $500 t o $1,000 per night
- In the U .S. tr affickers commonly sell under age victims f or $400 or mor e per hour
The GOOD NEWS is there are 2.3 BILLION Christians in the world!
That is a ratio of 85:1. If we, the Church of Jesus Christ, will rise up against
this injustice, we can bring an end to human trafficking and see the captives set free!
To download a copy of our flyer please click here.
Also click here to read How You Can Get Involved.